To make a smooth application experience for applicants, the Chinese Embassy initiated the China Online Visa Application (COVA) and Appointment for Visa Application Submission (AVAS).
1. All applicants need to fill the COVA. Applicants must make an appointment of submission time in AVAS after filling the form in the COVA.
2. Applicants must print and sign the confirmation of online visa application, online visa application form and AVAS confirmation.
3. The period from 30th December to 23rd January is a transitional period. Applicants can apply visa in traditional way during this period. After this period, applicants without appointment or come to the Chinese embassy at wrong appointment time will be declined to apply.
4. Before the appointment time, if applicants discovered some mistakes they made in the COVA, they can withdraw the appointment and correct mistakes. But on and after the appointment day, if applicants discovered some mistakes, they have to refill the COVA and reappoint in AVAS.
5. Applicants must fill the COVA with true, correct personal information and upload qualified photo. Applicants with wrong personal information and unqualified photo will be refused to apply visa. Once refused, applicants have to refill the COVA and reappoint in AVAS.
6. The Chinese embassy will refuse application from any agent or person for one year as a penalty for any 'scalpers' behaviour .
7. The Chinese embassy does not authorize any institution, organization or person to act as agent for any certificate , including but not limited to passport, notarization, authentication, marriage licence and Chinese visa.
8. Except fees which are provided for by relevant regulations, the Chinese embassy does not charge any other fee from applicants.
9. Applicants will be at their own discretion and risk if they summit application materials through agents.
10. Hong Kong and Macao Visa application are still conducted in traditional way.
11. Website of China Online Visa Application (COVA) : cova.cs.mfa.gov.cn
12. Website of Appointment for Visa Application Submission (AVAS): avas.cs.mfa.gov.cn
As this notice will be updated at any time, please keep close watch on our website.